The Angels in MedCity Process
The Angels in MedCity programme aims to help entrepreneurs in the life sciences sector to successfully raise growth capital through training and support.
Companies are selected based on merit and how well they meet our selection criteria. Every 2-3 months, typically 6 companies are selected from a competitive process to present their investment opportunities to the Angels in MedCity communities.
Prior to each presentation event, the London Business Angels’ team works closely with selected entrepreneurs to help prepare them for their presentation.
This training programme includes:
· Advice on the investment process and how to interact with the investment community
· Professional presentation training and feedback
· Fine tuning powerpoint presentations and executive summaries
· Complimentary professional advice on all aspects of the programme and funding process by LBA and networking opportunities with the programme’s strategic supporters
We also provide selected companies with a standard toolkit including standard term sheets and due diligence checklist.
1. Submitting an application – complete the application form and attach an executive summary/investment slide deck.
2. Submission assessment – the Angels in MedCity team will review your application and if successful you will be offered a presentation slot.
3. Company presentation training sessions - After you register, you will be invited to attend a workshop to help you prepare for your funding pitch, as well as extensive support by telephone and email to help you get investment ready, As part of these training sessions you will be provided with guidance on your presentation and executive summary contents, an overview of how to raise business angel funding, complimentary legal advice as well as training on delivery of your pitch from our professional coaches.
4. Entrepreneur Pitch - The big day. You will have 7 minutes to present your business directly to up to 50 Angels in MedCity investors, followed by 3 minutes Q&A. You will also have a stand at the event with which to present your product or service, with plenty of networking opportunities throughout the evening to discuss your business opportunity with our investors and hand out copies of your business plan.
5. Syndicate Meetings - Following the event you will arrange syndication meetings with investors with a view to securing your funding. We will continue to be available to offer advice to help you along the way.
6. Securing Funding - Success! We will work with you develop a press release, to be published on our website, Twitter, etc.and hope you will keep in touch.
The LBA EIS/SEIS Co-Investment Funds
In addition to the Angels in MedCity investment community, providing certain conditions are met, entrepreneurs can potentially access funding from the London Business Angels EIS/SEIS Roundtable Syndicate Funds. In addition, subject to certain criteria, the £100m Angel Co-Investment Fund (www.angelcofund.co.uk) can potentially co-invest in a round.
Do you meet the selection criteria? Submit an application (hyperlink to Submit an Application page) for Angels in MedCity program!
We look forward to hearing from you!