The Angels in Medcity initiative aims to support a number of innovative early stage medtech and life scienes companies based predominantly in London & South East of England in raising the growth capital needed to scale up and develop their business acitivities. To be selected to participate in the Angels in Medcity process, applying companies will be assessed against the below investment criteria.
- UK Registered Company, preferrably with activities in London and South East of England (or planning to relocate to these areas)
- Ideally eligible for EIS/SEIS tax relief. Please visit www.hmrc.gov.uk to find out if your business qualifies
- Seeking typically between £100k to £1m (where companies seeking up to £1m can demonstrate existing shareholder support). Companies seeking £150k under SEIS are invited to apply especially where these companies can demonstrate that they are part proof of concept stage.
- Primary focus: healthcare, medical technology and life sciences
- Committed management team
- High growth and scalable business with the potential for explosive growth
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Seeking an exit in the medium term with an expectation of seeking to generate an 8-10x return on investment
Do you meet the selection criteria? Submit an application for Angels in MedCity program!
We look forward to hearing from you!